Botox Treatment by a DoctorKitchener Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic and Medical Spa
Dr. Rayhaan Dawood MD CCFP is a trained physician in Botox, Dermal Fillers, Hair Loss Restoration, Facial Cosmetic Medicine, Chemical Peels, Medical Facials, Microneedling, and more.
All Injectable Botox and Medical Treatments Done by Dr. Dawood
At Kitchener Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic you are in expert hands. All injectable treatments and advanced medical procedures (Botox, Fillers) are done directly by Dr. Dawood. When it comes to your health, you don’t want second best. Dr. Dawood has direct input and oversight into all procedures done at the clinic.
We are the Premier Cosmetic Clinic and Medical Spa of the Kitchener Waterloo Region.
Average Cost of Botox
Botox Procedure Length
10 – 15 Minutes
*All Botox Treatments are customized based on individual patient needs, and accurate dosing is determined at consultation based on individual factors such as age, genetics, muscle strength, gender
Botox Alternative Names:
Downtime from Botox:
Crows Feet: 12-24 Units per eye, Frown Lines: 15 – 25 Units, Forehead: 10 – 20 Units
Liquid Nose Job
Belkyra (Fat Dissolver)
Hair Loss Restoration
Medical Grade Facials
Aquagold Microchanneling/Microneedling Facial
Medical Grade Skincare
Other Conditions Treated:
Melasma and Hyperpigmentation
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Skin Lesions, Skin Tags, Moles
Nasal Flare Botox
Botox can be used for niche treatments include overactive nasal flare. Injecting small amounts of botox into the sides of the nose can reduce the flare in some patients.
Botox improves the dynamic action of nostril flaring, but not static nostril flaring. In the nose there are muscles that pull the nasal tip down and pull the nostrils laterally. By injecting a few units of Botox into specific areas around the nose, the pull of these muscles will be softened, reducing the nostril flare.
When it comes to your health, you want an expert. What sets KW Cosmetic Clinic apart from others is that all Botox treatments are done personally by Dr. Dawood. He has years of medical experience and advanced training in Cosmetic Medicine and Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments. That includes extremely niche and unique uses of botox. Botox for nasal tip lift is an option at Kw Cosmetic Clinic
In truth, Botox does not “raise” or lift the tip of the nose. But what it does is relax the muscles that pull the tip downward. This results in a slight lift of the tip of the nose.
Botox Lip Flip
A lip flip involves injecting botox into the top portion of the lip. The goal is to relax the muscle around the lip resulting in the top lip relaxing and flipping it outward, giving the illusion of a fuller lip.
Botox Gummy Smile
Some patients have notable showing gums – a gummy smile. A few units of botox injected on both sides of the face can help settle down a gummy smile. Botox is injected in the area between your upper lip and nose to temporarily freeze the muscles that contract or elevate when you smile which allows you to smile without showing your gums
What is Botox® and Xeomin® Muscle Relaxer
Are Neuromodulators that relax tight facial muscles and treat dynamic wrinkles and fine lines
BOTOX® Cosmetic and Xeomin® are a purified protein and neurotoxin complex that, are injected directly into the muscle to cause relaxation. Botox is the most popular aesthetic procedure in the world, for the simple reason that it works. Approximately 2.5 million Botox injections are done yearly. It is effective, and successful in delivering results to patients.
Botox procedures are very simple, and require a few quick injections with a very small needle. Dr. Dawood uses a very subtle approach so results are natural, but complementing and enhancing to your overall profile. The goal is not to look frozen, but to look relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
Dr. Dawood has extensive training in Cosmetic Medicine and Injectable Non-Surgical Treatments. Each patient consultation is customized and tailored to each patient’s unique needs, facial anatomy, and goals. And a custom-tailored treatment plan is provided to all our patients.
Treatments are quick, often less than 5-10 minutes for actual injections. After a few days, you will notice results, with treatment lasting on average 3-4 months.
What Does Botox Injection Do?
Dynamic wrinkles form by repeat skin creasing through normal facial expressions. Over time wrinkles will become deep, large, and permanent. Muscle Relaxer injections (Botox, Xeomin) relax the muscles causing dynamic wrinkles and give the skin a chance to smooth naturally.
Botox and Xeomin will not completely freeze facial expression and movement. The goal with Botox is always to soften facial lines, while maintaining natural appearance, expression, and emotions.
With skillful injection, we are able to isolate and target the specific facial muscles to create a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Botox and Xeomin Injection is one of the leading worldwide procedures in the non-surgical cosmetic and aesthetic medical field.
The Benefits of Botox:
- Very safe
- Non-surgical treatment
- Quick and simple procedure
- Requires little downtime
- Minimal pain and discomfort
- No anesthesia required
- Relatively inexpensive
- Proven safety track record, and approved by Health Canada and the FDA
Uses of Botox:
Botox and Xeomin have many uses. The most popular indicated areas are:
- Frown Lines (11 Lines/Glabellar Lines—the area between the eyebrows)
- Forehead Wrinkles (Frontalis/Forehead lines)
- Eye Wrinkles – Crows Feet — the outer corners of the eyes
- Brow Lifting
- Nasal Bunny Lines
- Excessive Sweating (Armpits, Palms, Soles)
- Jawline Slimming (Masseter injections/Bruxism/TMJ)
- Vertical Lip Lines (Smoker’s Lines)
- Chin dimpling (Mentalis Injections)
- Down turned corners of mouth (DAO injections)
- Skin Quality (Aquagold Botox Microchanneling)
How are Botox Muscle Relaxer Injections Performed
The first step is to book a consult with Dr. Rayhaan Dawood MD CCFP, who is an expert in Non-Surgical Cosmetics. Dr. Dawood will review your health history, goals, and concerns.
Dr. Dawood will conduct a full consultation reviewing both your skincare, and treatment related questions, and determine exact injection areas based on your facial structure, genetics, age, and anatomy. If you decide to proceed with treatment, injections can be performed following consultation.
A numbing cream will be applied, although the injections are done with a very fine needle that most patients barely feel even without topical numbing cream. After a few pokes your treatment will be over. The entire time in office is 30-45 minutes, with actual injections taking less than 5 minutes.
Dr. Dawood will Administer all Botox Injections
When it comes to your health, you want an expert. What sets KW Cosmetic Clinic apart from others is that all Botox treatments are done personally by Dr. Dawood. He has years of medical experience and advanced training in Cosmetic Medicine and Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments.
Muscle Relaxer Injection Recovery and Results
Post-treatment, you will go home with some Botox aftercare instructions. There may be a bit of redness and slight swelling/bruising right at the injection sites, but within a few days that will settle. Most patients return to their regular daily activities immediately post-treatment, with minimal restrictions.
Results with Botox Muscle Relaxer Injection can take 3-5 days to appear, and final results can take up to two weeks. Results last on average 3 months but do vary patient to patient. Without repeat treatment, the area will gradually resume normal movement as if it was untreated after the Botox wears off after the 3-month mark.
With repeat treatments, some patients notice the effects last longer and longer and times between treatment can be extended.
COMMON BOTOX MUSCLE RELAXER TREATMENT AREAS
Botox and Xeomin Injection can be used for many areas of the face and body:
- Upper Forehead Lines (Frontalis) – Horizontal lines on the forehead are caused by raising the eyebrows. Over time this begins to cause deep forehead wrinkles, a sign of aging.
- Crow’s Feet / Lateral Rhytids – The orbicularis oculi muscle allows us to blink, squint and close the eyes. Over time we begin to form wrinkles around the eyes due to the muscles action. Injecting in the outer part of this muscle softens these dynamic wrinkles without affecting vision or the ability to blink.
- Frown Lines/Glabellar Lines/11 Lines – Small muscles located by the eye brows cause the formation of the 11 lines. Frowning worsens these lines creating deep vertical furrows above the nose.
There are many other treatment areas and uses of Botox, and Dr. Rayhaan Dawood MD CCFP is an expert injector well versed in the Basic and Advanced injection zones.
More advanced injection techniques include: Chin Dimples (Mentalis Muscle), Down Turned Mouth (DAO), Jawline Slimming (Masseter Injection), Botox Browlift, Bunny Lines, Gummy Smile, Platysmal Bands, and more.
If you’re concerned about fine lines, wrinkles, or would like to go over Botox or other treatment options, then please book a consultation.
Botox is often combined with other treatment types including Dermal Filler, Microneedling, Peels, and more. And remember that at Kitchener Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic all injectable based treatments are done personally by Dr. Rayhaan Dawood MD. CCFP.
Wrinkle Types and Treatments
As we age, our faces develop wrinkles: static and dynamic type. Botox Injection is great for dynamic wrinkles, but there are still options for static wrinkles.
- Dynamic Wrinkles and Lines– These lines and wrinkles form from muscle movement. Facial expressions over time like smiling, frowning, crying, and laughing all contribute to line formation. As the muscles move, the skin moves with it, and as it pushes and pulls it creates creases, wrinkles, folds, and lines.
Botox relaxes the muscles, reducing the formation of these dynamic lines.
- Static Wrinkles and Lines – Dynamic movement can eventually lead to static lines (lines etched into the skin). And even when the muscles in the face aren’t moving these lines persist, and can even continue to form from other sources. The natural aging process leads to a decrease in skin elasticity, collagen, and hyaluronic acid. This makes the skin more likely to wrinkle. Static lines are better treated with other treatments like dermal filler, microneedling, peels, and more.
BOTOX FOR HYPERHIDROSIS
Botox was initially used for Cosmetic Reasons. But with further research, it has been discovered that Botox can be used for other conditions as well.
EXCESSIVE SWEATING (HYPERHIDROSIS)
Excessive sweating is a debilitating, embarrassing condition for some patients. Hyperhidrosis occurs due to overactive sweat glands.
Patients suffering from primary hyperhidrosis are candidates for Botox. Placement of Botox into the area of excessive sweating can help shrink gland size, reduce sweat, and reduce oil.
The underarms are the most common location, but palms and soles are also common areas. Technically hyperhidrosis can be an issue anywhere. Excessive sweating concentrated in the underarm area is known as primary axillary hyperhidrosis. This can be an embarrassing condition as the condition can be visible to others when sweat soaks through. In cases of severe axillary hyperhidrosis, no antiperspirant or other treatment works. Using Botox, however, may help resistant cases!
Treatments for hyperhidrosis are done every 6 months. Some patients may qualify for partial insurance coverage of their treatments. Book a Hyperhidrosis initial consultation today for more information.
Great Botox Treatment Candidates?
Botox Muscle Relaxer is for adult patients between the 18 and 65 who are bothered by fine lines and wrinkles on the face. If you want to preserve a youthful appearance, improve your overall aesthetic, then Botox may be the best solution for you.
- Frown Lines: Vertical lines between your eyebrows
- Forehead Wrinkles: Horizontal lines in your forehead
- Crow’s Feet: Lines/Wrinkles around the eyes
- Drooping Eyebrow
- Lip Wrinkles and Lines (Smoker Lines/Marionette Lines)
- Horizontal Nose Lines (Bunny Lines)
- Horizontal Lines or Chin Dimpling
- Widened Jaw (Enlarged Masseter)
- Hyperhidrosis (Excess Armpit/Palm/Sole Sweating)
- Prominent Neck Bands (Platysmal Bands)
Remember that Botox and Xeomin injections relax muscles, reduce contractions, and treat the root cause of wrinkles – dynamic muscle activity.
The number of units used, and treatments required is individualized and based on each patient at consultation. Other treatments may also be recommended to complement your Botox or Xeomin treatment at Kitchener Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic, The premier cosmetic clinic and medical spa of Kitchener Waterloo. Dermal Fillers, Chemical Peels, Medical Grade Skincare, and other treatments may be advised.
What Can I Expect at my Procedure/Consultation?
Botox injections are quick and straightforward. After your consultation treatments can be done immediately if you desire. During your consultation Dr. Dawood will assess your face and determine if you would benefit from Botox, the amount of Botox needed, and specific injections locations and units. Dr. Dawood and staff will also review your pertinent medical history. Botox injections start with a thorough cleansing of the injections sites, application of topical anesthesia (if desired), and then subsequent injections. The application of our Vibrata device can also help with procedural comfort. Most patients return directly to regular daily activities with minimal downtime.
How Long Will it take to see Results After Botox Injections?
After receiving Botox treatment, your results will appear within approximately 3-5 days, and after 10 days you will notice the full effect of Botox.
How Long does Botox Last for?
Botox is effective for 3-4 months on average. Repeat treatment is recommended at that time.
Recovery From Botox Injections
Botox is a very quick procedure that can deliver impressive results. After treatments, most patients return to their regular daily activities. Needles are small and leave very little bruising, marks, or redness. However, some patients may have some mild redness and bruising, as that is always a possibility. A bit of concealer can cover these up if absolutely needed.
How Much Does Botox Cost?
Cost depends on individual patient needs and goals. The average cost of Botox is regularly $12/unit, but we always have ongoing promotions. The amount of units needed will be determined at your consultation. On average up to 50-100 units are needed for a “full face”.
Is Botox Painful?
There is very little pain with Botox treatment. Needles used are very fine, and patients’ fine the slight discomfort is worth the results. Dr. Dawood is also an experienced injector, and our team at KW Cosmetic Clinic is always focused on maximizing patient comfort. Delicate, pinpoint injections are done to try to painlessly administer Botox. Also, the use of topical anesthetic can make treatment more comfortable.
What is the Best Age to start Botox?
As long as you are above the age of 18 Botox treatment can be done. Age is really not the only factor to go off of, as other factors such as genetics, environmental exposures, and general skin quality and aging may be better indications of the need for Botox. If you are at all considering Botox, or even preventative Micro-Botox dosing then consider booking a consultation to discuss your concerns with Dr. Dawood.
Will I Be Able To Make Facial Expressions? Will I look Frozen after Botox?
The goal at Kitchener Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic is to create Natural results. There have been unfortunate cases of celebrities being “over-done” with Botox, Fillers, and Plastic Surgery. That is NOT the goal. Dr. Dawood’s philosophy is to create natural, but enhancing and effective treatments to augment a patient’s natural beauty and facial profile. You will notice an improvement, without compromising your facial expression and natural beauty.
Is Botox Safe?
All medical treatments do carry some inherent risk. However, Botox is both FDA and Health Canada approved and been in use for many years. Approximately 2.5 million Botox treatments are done on a yearly basis worldwide.
Complications are extremely rare, and when they do occur are typically very mild and temporary. The following complications are the most common, but again rare:
- Spread of Botox to adjacent muscles: Creating a look that was not intended (droopy eyelid, droopy brow, etc). This is temporary and will fade as the Botox wears off.
- Inadequate dosing. Under-treatment can result in not enough muscle relaxation; more Botox can typically be added. Too much Botox may result in over-relaxation of the muscle – frozen look.
- Botox Immunity: Very rare. In some cases, Botox can be ineffective due to building immunity. If this occurs you can be switched to Xeomin.
There are only a few examples, during your consultation all possible risks, and contraindications will be reviewed.
Who Should Inject Botox?
At Kitchener Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic it is Dr. Dawood who does all Botox injections. When it comes to your health, and medical treatments you should visit an expert.
Dr. Dawood has trained extensively in the field of Non Surgical Cosmetic Medicine, including Advanced Botox and Dermal Filler treatments. He has trained along with and under some of the leading industry experts and physicians of the Cosmetic World.
There are many different providers, at a variety of price points. The most important question isn’t “how much”, but “how qualified” your provider is.
What Issues Can Botox Treat?
Botox or other muscle relaxants or neuromodulators can treat a variety of issues. Sometimes muscle relaxants are used on their own, and other times they are used with dermal fillers or other treatments. At your consultation, Dr. Dawood will assess your face and then design a treatment plan to achieve your goals. Botox can be used for:
- Frown lines
- Brow Lift
- Forehead Lines
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny Lines
- Excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Jawline Slimming (Masseter Injection)
- Vertical lip lines (smoker’s lines)
- Downturned corners of mouth
- Non-surgical facelift
- Chin Dimpling
- Skin Quality (Aquagold Botox Facial)
What You Should Not Do After Botox Treatment
Botox is non-invasive, and a very well-tolerated procedure. But there are a few things to avoid right after treatment
- Exercise– We Recommend avoiding exercise for 24 hours after treatment. Botox needs time to settle into the body, and giving your body a short rest from strenuous exercise is advised.
- Touching/Rubbing Injection Sites – Touching or rubbing the sites of injection for 4-5 hours should be avoided to allow the botox to settle into the injection sites
- Alcohol Intake – We advise avoiding alcohol intake post botox to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Sleeping/Pressure on the Face – It is essential to remain up right and avoid pressure on the injection sites for at least 4-5 hour.
- Heat – It is best to avoid intense heat such as from saunas, hot showers, sunbathing immediately after botox treatment
- All other post treatment instructions will be provided at your appointment.
Who Should Not Get Botox
You should avoid Botox treatments if:
• You are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients or allergic to other forms of botulinum toxin
• You have neurological conditions such as Myasthenia Gravis, Eaton Lambert Syndrome, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or another muscle disorder
• You have an infection at the injection site/area
• You are currently taking aminoglycoside based antibiotics
• You are pregnant or breastfeeding
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @KWCOSMETICCLINIC
KW COSMETIC CLINIC
570 University Ave E, Unit 2 Waterloo ON, Canada N2K 4P2
© 2020 KITCHENER WATERLOO COSMETIC CLINIC/ KW COSMETIC CLINIC / KW COSMETIC
ALL PRICES IN CAD $.